BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Jem's Journal

Gee Minetti! That trial was a disaster! The small shred of credibility is now destroyed... But what I've noticed is that I have been seeing stuff differently about the people of Maycomb County.

First of all, I now understand why Boo Radley never reveals himself. It's not that he's kept inside, but he stays inside because of his own will.
I've also noticed that since Mr.Ewell spat on Atticus's face, the people of Maycomb County has sort of followed Atticus, losing respect for Mr.Ewell and what he did.
The Cunninghams are now often heard in Maycomb County. Scout wants to invite Walter Cunningham to dinner to find out specific details, but Atticus and Alexandra are not going to allow her to do so.
Overall, the people in Maycomb has changed after the trial, because they have seen how unfair it was. I feel like we're more united in a way, like if every one of us were in a family.
I didn't think that we should bother Boo Radley anymore, because I think that according to what he has done for me and scout, he is a nice person and it wouldn't be such a good idea to bother him when he stays in the house not because he is forced to, but he wants to stay in.

0 comments: