BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Poetry Friday

I Wear Sweater Scarf

By Kun Hee Yeo

Because I’m unique

And it looks cool.

It’s annoying

to wear the sweater itself.

Too annoying

Wearing it, on, off, on, off

Every day, the routine rotates.

Hanging the sweater around my back

Rolling the sleeves around me

Like a scarf

My friends ask me if I’m gay

And I don’t care

Because I’m not.

But last week,

In my English class, my teacher

Mrs. Meadows, questioned me why

I wore my Sweater-Scarf

My mouth mumbled

Because even I wasn’t sure

Why I put on my sweater-scarf

Since then,

My friend,

Miguel

TRIED emulating me

However,

Failed.

As if,

The copy

Can never become

the original.

As if,

The counterfeit money

Can never become

The genuine one.

So I continued

Wearing my

Sweater-scarf

Continued the routine

Again and again

Because,

I’m unique

1 comments:

Kun Hee Yeo said...

Sorry, comments has to be posted on a pop-up window like this... It's the problem of my background. At least the commenting works though