BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 27, 2010

Memoir Monday #4

Separation is inevitable. I realized this when I was in the plane coming to Panama. Before, I abhorred moving countries and moving schools. I really wanted and I still want a lifelong friend. I protested and whined whenever my dad decided to move to another country. Living in seven countries is not fun and leaving schools and friends is excruciating.

Now, I am used to moving countries and leaving friends. My dad’s job is a diplomat and moving from places to places like a nomad is now part of my life. I’ve accepted it. I’m not saying that now I enjoy moving from place to places. I still think its horrible moving countries & schools. Even though I have Facebook to stay notified with my old friends, the fact that I can’t see or hang out with them sucks. Somehow my dad thinks that it is good to make a lot of new friends because having a lot of friends will help me in the future. But I disagree with that. Well, sometimes I think that people who have lived in one country for their whole are lucky.

Now that I have accepted the fact that moving around is inevitable, I never protest anymore. But I’m pretty sure I’m not going to be a diplomat when I grow up. I hear that diplomats get low wages too.

0 comments: