BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Worldy Wise Wednesday #3

Wordly Wise Wednesday

By: Kun Hee Yeo

Why I love Mondays

Oh no! Tomrorrow is Monday! This sentence haunts me every time on Sunday nights. Both on Facebook and Skype, my friends abhor Mondays. But I think Mondays are affable. There is really NOTHING to do on Sundays. I go to the church and come back at approximately two o’ clock, but when I stay in my house after, it feels like Sundays are interminable. I feel as if I am a recluse. It’s better to go to school and talk to my friends and play basketball. Getting tired because you had school is better than doing nothing and getting bored.

Ok, there are people who have good work to do on Sundays. Some of my friends watch TV or play games with their PC (Mac) or video game consoles. Every day, I entreat my parents so we can go to the beach or somewhere where we can spend time sagely. But everything goes amiss and all I receive in return is a tirade from my irascible dad about why I never study or read books. It’s scary whenever my dad goes on a tirade because he shouts at me with a tremulous voice.

I don’t go to school so can I learn and get educated. I’m not a nerdy guy. I go to school so I can hang out with my friends and practice basketball. Saturdays are ok. I sleep all day. But Sunday is just total boredom. Mondays I am glad to be back with my friends. The profound boredom I have to face every Sunday… It is just unbearable.

0 comments: