BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Poetry Friday #2

It is horrible to only be able

To see you every

Three years.

Every time

You get older

And older



This summer, when I saw you

At the Korean airport

I felt both

Happiness and sadness

Happy to see you

But sad to see your

Wrinkled skin

White hair

Watery eyes

And curved back



I had to take in the fact

That you are already

75 years old

A step closer

To death



You told me stories

Of surviving the Korean War

Losing your brother in the Korean War

Stories about the hard life you’ve been through



You bought me everything

I wanted since I was young

Including this laptop

I’m using to write

This poem



I wish you had an

Eternal life

And guide me through

My life



Thank you

For everything you have

Done for me

Thank you

For sacrificing a lot of things

Just for me.



I love you, grandfather

0 comments: